Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cost of life.

Here comes a story about a woman called Roberta Nikakis, who lost her 29-year-old son Alex in a Sydney Harbour boat collision.
Alex had previously registered himself as an organ donor, and his grieving mum said: "Some lucky person now has the biggest heart in the universe."
Awwwhhh. :/ Isn't that exactly what you would want to say about someone you deeply loved?


Another touching one comes from Stacey Lambert to the partner and two young sons she lost in a triple drowning incident at Tathra on the South Coast.
"Tell me what I'm here for," she pleaded, "tell me what you want me to do."


Yo people,
empathise with Carmel Calvi, whose daughter was one of six young people killed in Mildura by a car whose driver was later acquitted of culpable driving.
"It doesn't make sense to me that someone can get seven years for killing six people," she said. "It makes life a bit worthless."


And, mannnn.
I bet this would definitely be the most astonishing quote came from a Queensland woman, Karen Lee Cooper, who stabbed her partner to death after he objected to her taste in music.
"I mean, who the hell doesn't like Bruce Springsteen, for God's sake? I just picked up a knife and I went 'boom'," she said.


Few Australians can coat their tongues in vitriol to such caustic effect as Paul Keating.
Contemplating the death from cancer of one of his least favourite journalists, he said: "In a long public life I have made it a rule never to speak ill of the dead; to not criticise someone who can no longer respond to the criticism. I am going to break that rule in the case of Paddy McGuinness."

No comments: